So you have finally decided to take the leap into physical retail.
Congrats, you are about to embark on a stressful but most rewarding journey.
You have managed to come up with a great idea or product, found the right location and decided to roll the dice on your business.
Anyone that tells you it's going to be easy, probably hasn't been through opening a physical store for a small business. (Try finishing a set up at 3am at a shopping centre with no lights at the site)
Not to scare you away from doing it as I mentioned before if done right, this can be a very rewarding journey and hopefully it will grow your business even further.
Below are some tips and tricks that will take some of the stress away.
- Plan your set up way in advance.
- This includes getting the information site pack from the leasing manager/agent so you know exactly when and where to go for your unloading.
- If you are setting up in a shopping centre, there are multiple loading docks and entrances so make sure you work it out beforehand how best to get to the right entrance.
- Security is your best friend. If you are unsure where you are supposed to go give them a call.
- Make sure you write up a list of things/products that you want to bring. Nothing worse than arriving at the site and you realise you forgot something.
- If you are driving in with your own vehicle, make sure everything fits beforehand.
- Before you unload anything from your vehicle. Go out and walk to your site/store and make sure you know exactly where to go and there are no obstacles along the way.
- If you need electricity, make sure you confirm where the sockets are and they are active.
- Do a live test of your internet and POS (for plug and play we use Square) before you trade so you can troubleshoot any problems. You don't want to be fixing problems while customers are around.
- Make sure you have a layout plan so you know where everything is supposed to go.
- Have a digital or paper sign up form for customers to sign up to your database. (if it's paper form do a few dummy sign-ups as no one wants to be the first!)
Most of all remember to engage with your customers and have fun. Physical retail is the only channel that allows you to have a conversation and get instant feedback about your products or services.
Pop up on demand provides brands with an affordable and sustainable solution for their pop up and retail needs.
We have helped hundreds of brands Pop up across Melbourne, Sydney and Hong Kong.
Why buy a store, when you can rent one.
For more information
please go to our new website www.popupondemand.com